Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's a crock...

Hey.. look at that.. a two-for Tuesday... it's 2.. 2.. 2 posts for 1...

I figured I'd put this out there and see if anyone has any good recipes... I picked up a new crockpot last nite... that's right... a brand new shiny black crockpot... I've used one on and off over the years... and when I say I've used "one"... I mean ONE... I've had the same crockpot for the last 20 years... hankering for some lovely beef stew I dragged it out of the back of the cupboard and realized how horrible the non-stick pot had become... figuring it had seen it's last batch of beef.. it's last meal of meatballs... it's last blast of beans... it's last patch of pork... I broke down and bought myself a brand new shiney crock... WOOHHOOO!! (I told you the weather has warn down my excitement quotient, you've got no one to blame but yourself my friend!)

So.. I've got supper simmering on the counter... beef cubes... potatoes... carrots... onions... all in a lovely onion soup sauce... I'll let you know how it turns out... in the meantime if you've got a recipe for me... shoot it off in an email or post it to the comments button and share your crock-of-pot secrets with your fellow readers...

Later...

No comments: