Saturday, January 14, 2006

All About Me 61 to 80

And yet still more...

61. I very seldom eat breakfast. Although I have been getting better about it as it is the most important meal of the day. But some days I just can't face food before 11am.

62. Another pet peeve: People who give their kids common names, but spell them 'differently'... HELLO.. it's not 'cute'... it's not 'fun'... it's just a pain in the butt that the kid now has spend their entire life saying "It's not L I S A, it's L E E S A"... or... "It's not M A R K, it's M A R C"... "It's not C R E W E L, it's C R U E L".

63. If I ever win the lottery or become independently wealthy, I would throw out every piece of furniture in my entire house with the exception of my kitchen table.

64. I LOVE the Dollar store. Maybe because it brings back such fond memories for me.. The first time I was ever in one was down in Hyannis with big sister... as we swayed thru the aisles after having had a wonderful partially liquid lunch, she made the comment "Geez... they've got some cool stuff and I might actually buy something if there were any freakin' prices tags on this stuff so you would know how much it is." Everything a Dollar... Sister's comments Priceless. Let her forget it... NEVER... (side note** I called to ask this sister to dinner tonite and caught her in the middle of shopping.. Where you might ask?? The Dollar Store... yes.. I had written this before I called her... see entry #44, it REALLY is a small world... and apparently a really funny one too!)

65. The tv remote control gives me problems. Once I pick it up, it refuses to leave my hand and it won't let anyone else hold it.

66. I have never understood skiing. Why would you wax up two slats so they are as slippery as possible, attach them to your feet, and hurl yourself down the side of the highest mountain you can find, all while holding two pointy sticks just perfect for scewering yourself like a shish-kabob? Deathwish 4 -"The Ski Vacation".

67. I have made up my own religion. It consists of one golden rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Go ahead... see if you can come up with a loophole there, it covers every conceivable situtation. All that other stuff that the organized religions sell is just redundant.

68. Rude, out of control children are the result of rude, out of control parents.

69. I can't stand rude people. If I hold the door open for you and you don't say thank-you, you will more than likely hear me yell "GEE.. your WELCOME!" at your back as you walk away.

70. I find I'm yelling "GEE... your WELCOME" more and more often as people seem to be getting more and more rude.

71. Sometimes I think I'm becoming a crotchedy old woman.

72. The greatest thing since sliced bread: "Copy and Paste"

73. I wish I could play the guitar and the piano.. No, I don't want to take lessons, I just wanna be able to play - amazingly well - and immediately.

74. I have a hard time understanding how anyone would NOT want to have a computer and internet service.

75. I have never stolen anything, from anyone. Well ok.. so I've kept extra change that has been accidentily given to me but never more than a dollar or two.

76. I still feel guilty about having taken more change than I was entitled to.

77. I remember remarkably little of my childhood.

78. It frightens me that I remember so little of my childhood.

79. I don't even come close to 'acting my age'.

80. I'm 42 and I don't care who knows that I'm 42. Age is just a meaningless number. But, just in case, check back with me in 10 years and see if I'm still saying that... No.. not that "I'm 52 and I don't care who knows it", but that "I'm 42 and I don't care who knows it."

Whew... one more entry to go.. aren't you glad?

Later...

No comments: