Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Where's Johnny...

So.. did you all see John Kerry at the State of Union last nite? I sure did... but you know where I didn't see him... at the vote being held earlier in the day... you know the one... the one where he spent days and days screaming "Let's Fillibuster and block this vote.." So.. where was Johnny? Beats me... What was that? Did I hear someone murmur "If I can't win, I'm not gonna play." Nice... You know.. I can respect (and DO respect) people of all bents that are willing to go the extra mile for their beliefs no matter if I agree with them or not... but in my book... Quitters just suck.

Later...

**update: Well.. upon a visit to Senate.gov it seems there is a vote listed for Johnny... What did he do, phone it in? I watched the vote live and there was nothing but crickets chirping after they called his name in the roll... OK... so my bad... I would still think he would have shown up in person for a vote that he cared enough about to want to fillibuster over it.. but.. I guess not.

No comments: