Thursday, July 08, 2004

Was that a WOLF?

Are there wolves in the Quabbin?  This is twice now I've seen what really resembles a wolf .  Once several years ago and again just 2 months ago (my son has a thing for wolves so every year it's a new wolf calendar for christmas! Lovely pictures of all different types of wolves, so I pretty much know what a wolf looks like!).  Both times it was blasting across the road in front of my truck, either in hot pursuit of something or being pursued.  If it was a wolf my bet is on 'pursuing something'.  Now, I've seen dogs..  I've seen coyotes..  I've seen coydogs..  this was none of the above..  grey/brown in color - size of a shepard - with a bushy tail - rather healthy looking animal..
 
I've checked with some of my environmental friends and they have said "Yes, there are wolves in the Quabbin"..  kind of a scary and yet somehow cool thought really..  either way that was one big, fast, aggressive looking 'whatever you want to call it' and I wouldn't want to step off my porch some nite and run into it face to fang-filled face..  Wolves in the Quabbin?  What do you think?
 
Laura

No comments: