Thursday, July 08, 2004

Damn that bird was ugly!

Aren't birds supposed to be beautiful?  majestic?  awe-inspiring?  Not the one I spotted sitting by the side of the road by the 'swampy - beaver infested area' last month.  Damn.. but it was ugly..  I believe it was a turkey vulture..  first time I've seen one of those up close and personal, quite impressive really in it's own "I don't need feathers on my wrinkly gross head' kind of way.. I suppose it wouldn't have been so horrible looking if it didn't have the chewed up carcass of some poor unfortunate, formerly-fuzzy forest animal in its beak.. oh.. and by the way..  if you come across one of these guys, don't expect him to get out of the way, it's 50 mph thru there and I passed within inches of him, it ruffled a few of his feathers, but when I looked back he was still sitting there!
 
Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was searching Yahoo for a really ugly bird I saw and found your blog. I have looked everywhere for what this... thing is. It looks like a turkey and turkey vulture stuck together. Ew. Really, it was hideous.