Friday, July 09, 2004

Jack of Barks!

Ok.. so I've been in this new office for 6 months now.. lovely place.. really enjoying it.. great location as well..  so anyway.. everyday I arrive.. pull my truck into the parking lot and the two little Jack Russell's next door go balistic!  EVERY day..  I've heard of short term memory.. but hey.. I was just here yesterday.. and the day before.. and the day before that.. you'd think they would know me by now.. but no.. they bark when I come in.. they bark when I leave for lunch.. they bark when I come back with lunch.. they bark when I leave for home..  Don't get me wrong.. they are adorable.. my own dog is a "half Jack" (she's a Corgi-Jack).. but these dogs are nuts.. they either
a. don't like me
b. have an incredibly short memory or
c. have a case of that "you weren't born here so you will NEVER belong" attitude..
 
I'll select B.. an incredibly short memory.. after all when your heads the size of a baseball how much can you really remember?  Maybe I'll start grabbing a hot dog or something before I leave the house in the morning and see if that makes them any friendlier..  at the very least it'll mess with the people next door "Gee.. the Jack's don't want to eat their breakfast anymore.. they just hang around the backyard staring over at the neighbors.. wonder what's wrong with them?"..    hehehe... 
 
Laura

No comments: