Thursday, July 08, 2004

It's my fault the cops are out in-force on Bay! (really!)

Ok.. so it's all my fault.. lately the cops have been setting speed traps up and down Bay Road.. on the Belchertown end where it drops to 20mph (YES TWENTY.. NOT THIRTY.. NOT FORTY.. but that's another blog!)  and on the Hadley end at the Hartsbrook farm..  well.. wait.. no.. it's not my fault.. it's the idiot in the Hot Pink Geo Tracker.. she made me do it.. 
 
ok.. so if you travel Bay in the morning I wouldn't doubt if you had a run or two with her yourselves.. she's the one riding a half inch from your rear bumper and weaving in and out of the lane looking for an opportunity to pass, which, again, if you travel Bay, you know that those places do not exist..  so.. she makes her own passing lane.. right between you and the oncoming traffic..  ok.. so I can be tolerant.. I can look the other way.. she can pull that crap on me twice.. even three times.. but the free ride ended the beautiful morning that she decided to put the top down..  as she went screaming past me doing 60 I noticed her passenger..  she had an adorable little boy in the passenger seat..  the kid was so little he couldn't see over the dash..  that was it.. as I dug around for the cell phone and proceeded to dial 911 she continued to bob and weave in front of me, she was now stuck behind a PVTA minibus..  riding a half inch from it's bumper, first she crossed the yellow line.. then she headed for the shrubbery.. she literally was looking to pass on the inside!!
 
So.. I called the cops.. and now they've been out on Bay every couple of days or so.. but you know what.. if it saves the life of that little boy, then great!  Oh.. and this whole thing is not without irony (what in life is) my own son got stopped in one of those speed traps, no not for speeding but for a loud muffler..  again.. small price to pay for the safety of the kid and anyone that happens to get in her way.. OH>> and if you know who she is..  send her here..  I've got a couple things I'd like to talk to her about!
 
Laura

No comments: