Saturday, May 20, 2006

Welcome to Hell - have a seat in our waiting area

OH.. things just keep getting better and better round here... STILL no cell phone service, and of course I'm getting 2 different stories from the 3 different people I've talked to at Cingular... so how am I calling them if I've got no phone... I'm using Skype.com and talking thru the computer... really kinda cool.. only problem being no one can call me... I just have to keep calling my voicemail on the cell and getting messages and calling people back via the computer... anyway I digress... yesterday they said "your tower is down, we're working on it as we speak, you'll have service back this afternoon"... and of course.. today.. still no service.. so I called again.. this time I got "they switched your towers, but it takes 24 hours to take effect and you'll have a BETTER signal than before after 2pm." Now.. correct me if I'm wrong.. but technically can't I connect to ANY cell tower in ANY vicinity... and if this 'new' tower is the stronger one - why haven't I connected to it before?? Luckily I logged Cingular's help line number in my new Skype interface cause I KNOW I'll be calling them back come 3 or 4pm and I still have no service... Welcome to Hell...

OH... where you going?? My rant isn't over yet... Seems the whole neighborhood was awakened (us included) at 3am this morning... why? Cause the Electric Company was down on the road - raising a rucus - checking out our electricity situation... you see we lost power at 1:30am last nite... That's right.. no cell phone.. no electricity.. no water.. no freakin' nothin'... Did I welcome you to Hell yet?? Figuring ok.. their working on it.. we went back off to bed only to awaken this morning to no electricity.. no cell.. no water... funny.. but they were working on it last nite.... so.. around 9am I finally... well.. morning constitutionals tend to wait for no woman with no way to flush a toilet... so I hopped in the truck and took a run downtown.. of course taking my non-functioning cell phone so I could check my messages (cause of course.. no electricity.. no Skype to be able to take the long frickin' way around to getting my phone calls)... Good thing I did.. I figured what the heck I'll call the electric company while I'm out and poopin' about... So.. after a visit to McDonald's rest room and a MUCH needed cup of coffee... I placed the call.. "Gee... we have no record of any trouble out your way.. but we'll get right on it.." WTF??? So who was that at 3am??? Turns out it was indeed the Electric Company however, because there was a tree limb down on our wires, they didn't turn the electric back on till a tree crew came out and removed it... Long story short... Tree Company at 9:30... Electric Company at 10:30... Power restored at 10:40.... YEAH... which then of course allowed me to fire up the computer.. b*tch to you people... b*tch to Cingular Wireless again via computer.. OH.. and we must not forget to welcome you people to Hell... Take a seat, someone will be with you shortly.... YEAH RIGHT!

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH....such is life in the country...no phones, no electricity, no water, no toilets...but, bears you have....PRICELESS