Monday, May 22, 2006

Finally...

Yeah.. things are finally better round here (knock on wood)... We've got our cell phone signal back as of Saturday nite... the electricity has stayed on... and another of my pics has made the top 500 "Interesting" on Flicker.. (see below.. it's Dwayne and Priscilla debuting at #260 for yesterday!)

Now I just need DHL & Amazon to get off their duffs and deliver my new camera - they really make you pay for taking the 'free shipping' special... I ordered on Tuesday and they never sent the camera out to DHL for shipment until Saturday... AND they changed the delivery date on me... when I ordered I was given delivery dates of between May 24 & the 26th... now that they have actually shipped it the dates have changed to May 24th to JUNE 1ST!!! NO FAIR.. If I had known it was gonna take them almost 3 weeks to get me my camera I would have ponied up for the 2 day shipping... SHEESH... You can't change the rules in the middle of the game... jerks!

My camera's (the Z1 and the Z5) are both up on eBay and generating a little bit of interest... only problem is the Z5 got interest from Greece and Belgium... HELLO.. there's a reason it says "US ONLY"... although I did talk to my FedEx connection and she says that yeah I could get it there for around 30 bucks... I don't know.. I'll let it go and see if there's any US interest.. if not.. I'll get some solid numbers for shipping overseas... things are just never "easy"...

Anyway... quite the storm yesterday... pea sized hail... nasty winds... I really thought we were gonna have to head for the cellar! Luckily everything kept running and no major damage... and it bought me an extra hour with the Man_Jeff as he was just getting ready to leave when the storm hit and I managed to convince him to wait till it blew over... So I guess it has it's advantages too!

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the new camera...makes me wonder when I'll get the jump drive I ordered from Amazon last week. I was a sucker for the free shipping deal too! ;o)