Friday, May 19, 2006

Get your pole climbin' gear!

Wanna join me? I'm gonna go climb a cell tower today... That's right.. if freakin' Cingular won't fix the cell tower for me.. I'll do it myself! We've come to the conclusion that it's not us - it's them! We take our non-working phones and we can sit right next to that tower that USED to supply us with our signal - have a clear line of sight to the tower and still don't get a signal. But if we drive over the top of the hill and pick up the next tower we get a perfect signal! Now... it's great to know that it's not something as permanent as the tree line that's blocking our signal but just try and get Cingular to agree that it's the tower... you see, we've got to go over the hill and get a signal from the next tower, call them, and then they trace us back to the "good" tower, and then they say - well.. your tower seems to be functioning perfectly... HELLO.. yes.. the tower that I had to drive freakin' 10 minutes to get to, what about the one that supplies my house with a signal... GEEZ...
Frankly I'm not sure what to do... Do we go with say a prepaid cell phone from another carrier that might work in our area (but then if it's the tower will that one work?)and have our regular cells transfer to that number while we're at home? Which for me is just about freakin' always! Or do I look into Comcast Digital Voice - which will whack us for another 45 bucks a month, but at least there's no early termination fee, so if they fix the tower in a week or two we can just cancel? Get a landline again? There's also "Skype" a free internet VOip service but of course I can't find a microphone for my computer to test it out... Or do we just wait it out and hope that all our neighbors also complain to their cell carriers about the lack of signal and they finally figure out that something IS wrong with that tower...
Well... I've got to run to Wallymart later anyway, maybe I'll pick up a microphone down there and give Skype a chance, I've been wanting to check it out anyway, a friend of mine really likes it... so I think I'll start there... failing that.. Maybe the Comcast Digital Voice will be the way to go...
SHEESH.. and Monday continues...
In the meantime.. leave me a message and I'll get back to you the next time I run out of milk and need a run downtown...
Later...

No comments: