Thursday, May 25, 2006

Was that the best or what?

It's a strange feeling, American Idol Finale, the BEST damn show I've seen on Teevee for a VERY long time... but there it is .. I said it... WOW! And (of course) I think I know why... Do you??

I put it down to the fact that they FINALLY had some stars/music on there that (see previous post) wasn't first released on vinyl....

Chris Daughtry with LIVE!! YOWZA... not only did they sound freakin' awesome, but how can you beat a couple of gorgous bald headed men up on stage singing... be still my bald head lovin' heart! (note to self - download some LIVE immediately!)

Mary J... awesome.. although I would have liked to see Elliot sing a little more with her...

Toni Braxton... the thought was a good one... I don't know if maybe something was wrong with her microphone or what.. it just didn't seem to be all that 'right'....

And.. WOOT WOOT... Meat Loaf... now that's what I'm talkin' about.. ok.. so Meat's stuff was initially in my collection on vinyl.. but geez... it's the Loaf!! and ok... so the critics I've read are right... it wasn't the best performance by him and he did kinda look like a dirty ole' man chasin' after the pretty young girl.. but come on... it's MEAT... it was just SO wonderful to see him on stage again that's enough for me!

OH... the 2 Clay Aiken's... was that the funniest thing you've ever seen... I mean other than the fear that geeky 'old version' of Clay was gonna attack strange-looking 'new version' of Clay and just smother him with kisses... (I'll let you all picture that for a moment.. eeewww!) Absolutely hilarious and you gotta give the real Clay alot of credit for going along with it!

Dionne Warwick! I wonder if she called her Psychic Friends before the show to get a preview of the winner?? but man o man... When she sang "Walk on by", the years seemed to melt off her and she was just wonderful!

And the best part of the whole show.. not one, but TWO songs from Prince... Awesome... I tell you tho... I couldn't help but sit up and notice how amatuerish he made everyone else seem... not just the Idol contestants, but a few of the established stars as well (Mary J and Toni could take a lesson here)... There he is.. on the stage with 2 drop-dead gorgous women dancing around him and yet I couldn't take my eyes off of him... he just COMMANDS the stage, insists that you watch him, and makes you really glad that you did! Just AWESOME....

Ok.. so before I go on forever here, Taylor Hicks the new American Idol... yeah.. good choice! I think he'll be strong enough to avoid the crap that Clive wants to make him sing - or at least make it better and 'his own'... Yeah... I'm still pissed about Bo Bice's Bon Jovi album...

So.. all in all... an extraordinary night of television! So.. bring on the next season already!

Later...

No comments: