Saturday, January 29, 2005

Moving....

Well.. that sucked... so we spent the entire day yesterday schlepping crap from one office - up the street one mile - to the new office... and we aren't even done yet! We'll be back at it again today... and just to keep things really fun... the husband is sick... yeah.. he's still helping us move... coughing like crazy as we disassemble desks and haul them out to the truck... NOT fun! Oh.. but it gets better... after a full day of hauling boxes we called off the rest of the move till today.. upon arriving home... and finally getting a chance to sit down... I realized.. huh.. I don't feel so great... wicked achey... (well that's kind of understandable - I hauled a ton of stuff today)... chest feels 'hollow'.. well, it was really cold and I am a smoker.. but man.. I'm FREEZING!!! So I grabbed the thermometer that my husband had registered a 100.1 on the other day... HOLY CRAP!! AND HE'S ACTING LIKE HE'S SICK!!! I pulled 101.5!!! Lovely.. just lovely.. The whole day we kept avoiding him like the plaque thinking he was the contagious one.. turns out I'm contagious too.. I blame being a parent.. it has become so ingrained to be worried about other people (children) that that's what I do... I was so worried about my husband being sick and having to help haul a 1,000 pound server rack through 3 sets of glass doors that I didn't pay attention to how I was feeling.. I almost wish I hadn't picked up that thermometer.. now I've got to go move more stuff knowing that I'm sick too... sicker than him! HA! I win... lucky lucky me..

So anyway... if I don't collapse in a snow banking alongside route 10 today.. I'll be back..

Later...

No comments: