Monday, June 27, 2005

Wrong... again

So Dear Readers, it's just shy of a year that I've been writing 9 2 Bay 2 9 2 10! We'll have to plan something special for the Bloggy Birthday! Oh, but what? See the problem here is the word "plan"... I don't think I've ever planned a single one of the posts that you've read here! Oh a couple of times I've sketched out my post in my head on that long trip up 9 2 Bay 2 9 2 10, but to say that I actually plan my posts.. nope.. and now it turns out that that is all wrong!

Lately I've been reading a couple of those articles "How to Blog" and "How do you Blog?" and well... ok.. so I've been doing it all wrong... Turns out I'm supposed to use a Word Processer to sketch out a rough draft, tweak it for days, correct my spelling and grammar, and good Lord, my PUNCTUATION... ... ... Then I'm supposed to save the finished document in case something ever goes horribly wrong with Blogger and they lose my posts so that I'll have a backup that I can restore from. After all this is done, then, and only then, do I copy and paste my perfectly edited copy into the Blogger interface! OH.. and then there's the "idea document", yup it seems that on those days when the ideas just flow like the wind, I'm supposed to write them all down for future use. You know for those days when I just can't come up with something to write about... YEAH RIGHT! Where's the fun in that I ask you!

If I had followed all those rules you would never have seen such great posts on here as the great "Paul McCartney Sucks" post... That post actually got me more comments than anything else I've written in here... So much for following those pesky "research your topic BEFORE you write" rules! Again... what fun would that be?

No... thanks anyway... I'll keep typing from the seat of my pants thank you... complete with spelling errors and improper grammar... and ... naturally... lots... of... elipses.... ok... so I'll be a LITTLE more careful with my facts... but hey... gettin' stuff wrong is how we learn right? Why spend all that time making sure I've got stuff right when there are so many people out there willing to point out my errors? I'll just let you guys spot me and maybe we'll ALL learn somethin'! I'll type and you guys can be my editors and research department, after all, aren't blogs supposed to be interactive? I'll post the corrections to my entries, I promise, and we'll all have a good laugh at my expense, cause that's just how I am... Someone in their right mind might just go in and hit the delete key next to their stupidity and hope it all just goes away, but no.. not me... here you will get the FULL story... complete with tons of ellipses for emphasis!

Later...

No comments: