Friday, June 24, 2005

When EXACTLY do I get to "know better"?

We've all heard it... "You should know better!"... For a while there in my teens I thought that was my new middle name "Laura Youshouldknowbetter"... so... I'm still waiting... when EXACTLY do I get to know better? Huh?? Answer me that one... Is there a certain age? A level of maturity? Well... me and my orange ankles would like to know when that is thank you very much! Yes... Orange freakin' ankles... OH.. it all started harmlessly enough.. just a little dry skin on my legs.. that's all.. so it was off to Wally-mart for the cure.

Standing in front of the moisturizer aisle I was presented with what seemed like billions of choices.. creams.. sprays... with aloe.. with vitamin e... alpha hydroxy.. oh.. what to choose! And then I spotted it... the Jergens Natural Glow daily moisterizer... Well, hello there! It's 2 birds in one creamy bottle! You mean I can cure my dry skin and get a natural healthy glow all in one? Awesome... imagine... soft silky glowing skin on my legs, and all for less than 5 bucks! Well howdy do and sign me up!

So.. here I sit - three applications of this wonder product later when I notice that gee... my legs do feel smoother.. the stuff must be working... OH MY.. and my thighs are a little 'glowy' looking... nice! And then I spot it... the orange dirty looking ring around my ankle... OH GOD!! It's on both legs! I look positively diseased... or at least like I hadn't scrubbed my ankles since the first George exclaimed "Read my lips!".. *sigh...

Apparently "youshouldknowbetter" occurs sometime after the age of 42!

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip....I was going to buy some of that Jergens stuff. I guess that's why they say to exfoliate before using...ironically your not really supposed to use tanners on dry skin.