Saturday, June 04, 2005

Missing... again...

Just another crazy week... those darn Holidays... their great while they last but then it's back to work with a one day deficit! No rest for the wicked!

All week long I've been jonesing for some new music... Warren Haynes is awesome but even I need a little variety now and then. *Gasp.. imagine that... different music... I have a 6 disc cd player in my truck and currently 3 of those slots are occupied by Warren... Gov't Mule and Warren... Acoustic Warren... and Live Warren... slot 1 is empty (the manchild has been borrowing my truck and this slot has been designated for him)... slot 3 is occupied by Elvis Costello... and slot 5 is a compilation of some of my other favorites (ranging from Mellencamp, to local group Almost Speechless, and well... more Warren Haynes!)

So.. finally.. yesterday evening I found the time to login to my new emusic.com account! OH... the selection.. but what to select... now.. just to warn you if your looking to score some cheap mp3's yourself, your not gonna find any Brittany Spears (thank GOD!)... no Nine Inch Nails... no U2... safe to say if it's top 40 you won't find it here... but what you will find is some awesome Ray Charles... some CCR.. some John Lee Hooker... BB King... Otis Redding... Muddy Waters... Leadbelly... T. Bone Walker... yes.. can you say "I got the Blues!" and their awesome... I downloaded 2 full cd's worth of some of the best old-school "Mama killed a chicken but thought it was a duck" and served it up with "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer" Blues! Awesome...

Maybe today I'll see what they've got in the R&B section... oh.. or maybe classical.. poor Warren.. I think he's gonna end up in the little black holder hanging off my sun visor...

Later...

No comments: