Sunday, June 12, 2005

Snot Balls & Pet Peeves

Did you see that new breakthru they've made in Oceanography? Snot Balls... yup.. no kidding! Snot Balls! Something to the effect of Snot Ball houses bringing food to the ocean's floor and that's why there's more fish down there... brilliant! Which leads me to something that I haven't done in quite some time... Pet Peeves... that's right folks... this one is such a HUGE peeve of mine that I swear I blogged it before, but apparently not.. I just looked thru my archives and no where did this one pop up... so, here you go...

Pet Peeve #3

Nose blowers... oh, but not just any Nose Blower! PUBLIC Nose Blowers! You know.. just about nothing makes me crazier (note that this is peeve number THREE!) than sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a lovely meal, and having the person at the next table whip out a hanky, or napkin and blow a huge wad of snot out of their nose! Wonderful.. thanks so much... my dining experience just wouldn't be the same without the sound of your juicy snots flying from your nostrils! I swear I'm going to make up a business card or a little note of some kind saying:

"Thanks so much for enhancing my dining experience with your public nose blowing. My meal just wouldn't have been the same without the sound of your wad of snot hitting your napkin! Maybe next you could remove your shoes and use your spoon to remove the jam from between your toes! Next time, please use the rest room for your snot removal - this will ensure your privacy, you can check for any wayward boogers in the mirror afterwards, and the rest of us can eat without being completely grossed out! OH.. and you could freakin' WASH YOUR HANDS as well!"

I really think that would get my point across with the minimum amount of "making a scene". The snot-blower could just discreetly read the note, be properly corrected, and quietly go back to their meal. What do you think? OK.. so maybe we're back to the "trying to right the world" issue..

Later...

No comments: