Friday, November 17, 2006

Speaking in Tongues...


It's so hot...
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura.

or... How I yelled "WHAT THE F*CK!" in Wendy's and didn't even realize it till my husband told me I did..

All I remember is we were sitting in the Wendy's in Palmer... enjoying.. (well.. kind of enjoying... afterall it was Wendys) a quick dinner before we picked up my husbands truck from the dealership. He had the BLT Salad... and I had the small Chili with fries...

As we sat eating and discussing Thanksgiving plans (or lack thereof) I was vaguely aware of a table of 3 teenagers at the table behind me, 2 girls and a guy... that is until the guy whipped out the obligatory snot rag and let loose with the biggest... longest.. juicest sounding snot blowing session I've ever had the displeasure to endure...

Well.. apparently I lost it... next thing I knew I heard Mr. 9 2 Bay say "Laura" and I realized I had spun around in my chair and was staring at the party of 3 and they were staring back at me... the guy looked a little sheepish and quickly stowed his snot rag in his pocket... I turned back around and said rather loudly "How rude"... and our meals continued...

So... we finished up our meal.. and as we got up to leave we passed the table of three.... one of the girls in a small snide voice said "bye bye now"... Not one to back down I then turned and asked "Do you even have a clue as to why I was staring at you?"... The usual snide remarks came from them... so I told them.. flat out.... "It was the HUGE wad of snot that your friend here blew into his napkin." The guy had made the mistake of saying "And I suppose you've never blown your nose in public?" (Heh.. he really had no clue who he was dealing with!)... "As a matter of fact, no I haven't!" I replied... "How nice for you." he said... my reply "NO.. I see it as how nice for the people AROUND me! I would never subject them to the sound of a giant wad of juicy snot hitting a tissue... it's gross.. it's disgusting... AND it's rude... and I CERTAINLY would never do it when other people are trying to EAT! Look it up on the internet under "Manners"..." and with that I turned and walked out the door...

Driving away with my husband he made the comment that he wishes he could have been sitting near them and cut a fart or something to illustrate how rude they were being... I made the comment... "You were the one trying to get me to not say anything to them... I was just getting ready to blow, when I heard you call my name so I stopped.." He then said "What do you mean you were just getting ready to say something... Laura... You yelled.. WHAT THE F*CK a the top of your lungs..."

I did???

Yes... you did...

Heh.... imagine that.... oops...

So it's probably a good thing he called my name and stopped me or that kid might be at his lawyers right now explaining how he wants to sue the crazy woman that launched herself across his table in Wendys... grabbed the snotty napkin out of his hand... and shoved it down his throat... while screaming incoherently at the top of her lungs something to the effect of... "Miss Manners said I could..."

Later...

No comments: