Friday, December 10, 2004

A sad detour...

Driving home last nite that damn Northampton/Hadley bridge was just jam packed...  after fighting my way thru I was greeted by a "road closed" sign blocking off the Bay Road cutoff.. luckily I was able to take the next entrance onto my favorite ride, the cops had just blocked off the small cutoff road..  there was a fire engine.. several cruisers, many many people and the place was lit up brighter than a Christmas tree..  Assuming it was a driver that had missed that last curve before the stop, I whispered a little "hope their all right" and went on my way..  Well... reading the news on Masslive.com today I found the real story.. it seems they were searching the woods last nite, looking for the shotgun that was used in that horrible murder up in Amherst the other nite..  from the sounds of what has been released to the press so far..  it was a case of friend killing friend.. so very sad...  22 years old...  one is dead, the other in ruins..  they have yet to release a motive in this case.. although the mother of the alleged shooter has referred to her 'criminal-justice-student son's steriod withdrawal'..  it sounds like the young man will get an education in the criminal justice system - first-hand... 
 
Later...

No comments: