Tuesday, November 02, 2004

You can Vote.. but you can't park!

So I tried to excersize my rights this morning.. I went down to the polls to cast my vote.. and who did I vote for? Well I didn't.. I couldn't find a parking place.. I circled the Ware Town Hall for over a half hour and there were 3 spots available.. all handicapped.. the rest were taken.. so much for doing the right thing..

Who's brilliant idea was it to make the Ware Town Hall the polling place anyway? It has all of 5 parking spaces behind it and if a 6th car drives in EVERYONE is deadlocked and the only thing that will get them out is 3 tow trucks and dare I say it.. a traffic cop.. Then there's the town parking lot across the street, with its 20 spaces.. all of which were taken up by those people out there holding up their candidate of choices placard.. come on.. if you don't know who your gonna vote for by now, chances are your not gonna be swayed by a cardboard sign.. move your car so we can vote for those candidates.. it would be a more efficient use of your time!

So now I'll have to see if I can get out of the office early tonite so that I can go vote.. then I'll have to wait till my husband gets home so we can go together.. at least that way, one of us can keep circling the block while the other one runs in and casts their ballot, runs out.. takes over driving.. and circles the block while the other one votes.. tandem voting.. only in America!

Frankly, I wanna vote for where we go vote.. Who says it has to be at the 'official Town Hall'.. let's just put up a tent in the Walmart parking lot and everyone go vote there.. at least you can find a parking space and you can pick up a pork roast for dinner at the same time!

Democracy for all.. and parking for none! Lovely!

Later..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Polls don't close until 8pm so you should be able to get in there.