Saturday, November 13, 2004

It's EVERYWHERE now...

So back on Tuesday I was complaining the "Signs o' the Season" around 9 2 Bay 2 9 10 were popping up a bit early this year..  and I didn't even mention that house on 9 in Belchertown just before Bay that has it's Christmas decorations up.. complete with giant wicker snowman..  but now Mother Nature has gone and gotten into the act..  yes.. the snow is lovely.. a great photo op.. and I'm sure the skiiers and snowboarders are ecstatic.. but it is all still way too early for me..  I prefer a 'fall' looking Thanksgiving..  with the soft brown oak leaves covering the ground with a few last holdouts clinging desperately to the tree limbs..  the last of the pumpkins and corn stalks still visible in peoples yards gaurded by disjointed crooked scarecrows.. the fall harvest of apples, squash, gourds and turnip still fresh from the fields..  fall this year was disappointingly short and this snow is just too 'holiday' for me..  it's too soon.. way too soon.. I don't like it and I shall not go softly into that goodnite.. 
 
Later..

No comments: