Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving Turkey Tales!

So I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Had your fill of turkey and spent quality time with family, did you? Or is it the other way around? Your fill of family and quality time with the turkey? Either way I hope you both enjoyed it and survived it... My Thanksgiving? Well, thanks for asking.. lovely.. and I lost my bets in more ways than one.. it wasn't the turkey that suffered from the slow oven at Sarge's it was the rolls.. crunchy on the outside and gooey on the in.. LOL but everything else was wonderful.. thanks guys..

and the other way I lost my bets? Playing penny Black Jack with 2 sisters, "baby" brother, and Mom.. they kicked the tar out of me, and they wonder why I don't spend time down at Mohegan or Foxwoods.. Oh.. but what fun it was.. and I didn't think I would EVER say this, but it was Mom that made it so much fun.. a quick highlight? Mom's dealing.. I lost my bet.. 'baby' brother won his... as Mom dutifully paid off the baby, I remarked "yeah.. Mom always DID like you better!" Mommy-dearest without even thinking (which is what she does best btw - NOT think).. burst out with "Yeah RIGHT!" LOL it's a good thing the baby has a good sense of humor.. we all almost lost it laughing so hard.. and Mom.. she had no clue what she just said.. but then this is the same woman that after 'baby' had pegged me in the eye with a stick of deoderant one morning as we were readying for school (which turned a lovely shade of black and blue) turned and yelled at me for "not ducking fast enough".. Mom.. gotta love her.. we're related! :)

Anyway.. that was my Thanksgiving.. a lovely day was had by all.. even the man-child remarked "that was fun" on the way home.. "and all is right with the world"..
Look for more
Later...

No comments: