Friday, December 08, 2006

Dam


Dam
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura.

Another one from that lovely covered bridge that we happened upon the other day. I used a longer exposure to get a little bit of blur to the falling water, but not so long as to risk screwing it up... see I didn't have the tripod so I used a handy fence post to steady the camera.

So.. I've made a good dent in my Christmas shopping. The UPS guy hates me.. LOL... he had to drive up my horrendous driveway not one.. not two.. but THREE days in a row last week... and guess what.. he'll be back again today.. Heh.... Today's delivery is extra special tho... my 300mm telephoto lens.. WOOHOO... ok.. so I not only did my Christmas shopping, but I did Mr. 9 2 Bay's shopping for me as well! Hey... he's got no clue about what camera equipment I want so I made it easy for him.. I did it myself... so... I'll snag the lens as soon as it gets here and give the box to him to wrap and put under the tree. :) problem solved and I'm gaurenteed to get the exact lens that I want! Oh.. and the exact camera remote control... and the exact filter for the new lens.. LOL.. ok.. so I've done more of 'gifts for me' than 'gifts for others' but.. whatever.. there are a few items coming for others as well... and if I can just get a list out of Mr. 9 2 Bay I'll finish it all up!

At this point tho.. I'm thinking I need to get something for the poor UPS guy.. after all... I just surf.. punch in some info... and I'm done.. he's the one that has to do the driving around.. figuring out how to turn that giant brown box of a truck of his around in my driveway.. and deal with all the other packages that have bounced around in his truck after hitting our infamous 'middle of the driveway freakin' boulder that will take 3 sticks of TNT to get rid of'... I'm thinking a giant roll of bubble wrap as a gift... of course I'll expect him to wrap my packages in it BEFORE he drives up my driveway again... oh... well.. there we go.. maybe that's a present for me again... DAM!

Later...

No comments: