Monday, April 03, 2006

Stressin' Monday...

It's not bad enuf that it's Monday, and less than 2 weeks to the tax deadline... but I've got a dentist appointment today for a cleaning... Frankly I'd rather have every tooth in my head pulled and replaced with an implant than get my teeth cleaned... Root Canal?? Sign me up! Just DON'T clean my teeth... I swear it's not psychological.. I've got some wierd stuff going on in my mouth... Nerves.. where no one else has ever had nerves... touch them wrong with sharp metal pointy objects and it's highly likely you'll be scraping me off the ceiling.. The hygenist has finally given up on me... we've tried topical numbing crap... electrical impulses that are supposed to mask the nerve impulses... I had that thing cranked to the max and no go.. I swear I was pulling so much electricity that the lights dimmed in buildings 3 blocks away... water pick type cleaning, all I got outta that was a cold shower and another trip to the ceiling.. nothing works... So now we've taken to novocaine... only problem is they can only do one side at a time and I STILL hate it...

You know.. I can't help but wonder if maybe my mouth really is different than everyone elses... I mean.. I found out a couple of years ago that my ribs aren't normal either... I had gone to a chiropractor for my intense back pain and he took an xray - seems I'm missing a rib on my right side... freaky.. and to top it off the Chiropractor was this extremely religious kinda guy that frankly was looking at me like I could be the second coming, or at least a direct relative of the original Adam himself.... Hey.. who knows... But at times like these, with a tortuous cleaning just minutes away, all I can think is.... Stupid apple... I bet there was no need for teeth cleaning back in the old Garden...

Welcome to my hell..

Later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your teeth sensitive when you brush them yourself and are they sensitive to hot/cold? Have you tried the toothpastes out there for sensitive teeth (i.e. sensodyne, etc.)? I have found that with regular use (meaning all the time), my sensitivities have improved immensely!

PS: I have been told that I have "unusual ribs", also. Something about them being spaced further apart than normal. Maybe we're related....

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it's a nightmare day for you. Gotta be tough having to look forward to something like that. But hey, if the novocaine works, just make two trips. I remember as a kid I hated to go to the dentist. I would have anxiety attacks when I knew I was going. But then I found a good guy who never hurt me and hasn't ever since. Ever tried a different dentist? It seems with all the technologies available today, there should be someone out there who could help you. :o/