Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mandatory definitions...

Ok.. so I want to start a petition to include "rules of the game" on every party invitation ever written, created or sent... Maybe it should be more of "What constitutes pleasant dinner conversation and what does NOT."....

If you happened to be at the party with me last nite allow me to apologize to you in advance for what I'm about to say unless you happen to be that one woman at my table that just doesn't get the concept of "PARTY"... But then maybe my definition of 'party' is different... I see a party as a gathering of people to enjoy stimulating conversation and good fun... you... Lady across the table from me... apparently feel differently... You obviously define party as "The perfect time to monopolize the table discussion (even if it means interrupting others) with complaints about my 10 year old daughter, the fact that I HAVE a 10 year old daughter, her crappy school, her bitchy teacher, and her ability to lie."

Oh.. you did discuss other things.. like listing everyone that you ever knew that now has cancer and how many breasts/ovaries/organs they have left, how your too sick to work but boy is money tight, how your medication affects your memory, and the ridiculous price that various families in East Brookfield are asking for their real estate.

Maybe I'm just not with it anymore.. granted it's been awhile since I've been to a party... Did the rules change while I wasn't looking? Are you supposed to end the night feeling that every ounce of energy has been lipo-sucked out of your very soul? If that's the case... well.. WHAT A PARTY THAT WAS!! WOHOOO... ROCK ON!

Later...

No comments: