Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Man-child seeking new name...

So, it's official.. I don't think I can accurately call the Man-child - "a Man-child" anymore... The child part just doesn't seem right anymore.. He's been rather amazing lately... stopping at the store on his way home and calling me to see if I need anything, and not a single complaint when I do say "yes, pick up some fill-in-the-blank"... I think the topper was last nite tho... He and his girlfriend headed out to the mall to do some Christmas shopping and before he left he checked with both his father and I to see if there was anything he could pick up for us... Mr. 9 2 Bay handed him some cash and made a couple of requests... and I also made several requests and handed him the debit card (with appropriate sizes - colors - and price limitations)and sent them off with a "If you don't see anything, don't worry about it."...

Well.. lo and behold.. several hours later they returned with several of my requests fulfilled (AND Mr. 9 2 Bay's as well) and handed back my debit card, complete with receipts! HOW freakin' awesome is THAT?? But wait.. it gets better!

After an hour or so of laying in bed unable to sleep, I got up to see exactly how many elephants were in that herd that was running up and down the stairs... As I rounded the corner into the living, what to my wondering eyes should appear? Our giant Christmas tree - AND ALL OF THOSE PRESENTS WERE THERE! Fully wrapped, tagged and bowed, and nicely displayed beneath the green plastic branches of the Hannukah tree! LOVELY!

And so that's that... no more "Man-CHILD"... What a lovely Christmas present!

Later...

No comments: