Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rain, Murder and an Earthquake...

More rain... sheesh... the only bright spot in all this wet is that it isn't cold enough to freeze this crap yet! As it is, the Connecticut was a raging muddy mess yesterday on my way over the Coolidge and from what I understand we could get another 4 inches today and tonite... I'll have to take the camera out this weekend when it returns from Holland and document some of this... High water and colored leaves... pretty! Although with all the wind and rain I can only hope there are some leaves left!

Murder... evil has come to Ware! Some sick bastard broke into the home of an 83 year old woman across from Mary Lane Hospital and beat her to death... from what I've read there was also a fire started, perhaps to cover the crime... How evil do you have to be to do something like this? Unfortunately the answer to that question is VERY scary and leads to answers like "evil enough to do it again"...

An earthquake... seems there was a small tremblor out in Lowell last nite... 1.5 on the scale I believe... I still remember the tremblor we had around here back in 1985... we were living on Pleasant Street in Ware at the time and I remember the whole house shaking... pretty scary and out of control type feeling... the crack that developed in the bathroom wall was pretty disturbing as well! I can only imagine the fear felt in Pakistan this week... What do you do when the ground attacks? These are the type of things that bring control freaks to their knees... there are just some things that won't be controlled... scary!

Later...

No comments: