Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Fungus Among Us...

And still more rain... we are all going to start sprouting mosses and mushrooms before you know it... I tell you, it's getting REALLY hard to get out of bed in the morning, and as for going out once you do get up.. forget about it... From what I hear from family there are a couple of church bazaars going on this weekend out in Spencer and I guess some of the sibs are going, me? I think I'm up for a long stretch on the couch, a bowl of hot tomato soup, and the newest DVD "The Day the Earth Stood Still"... how fitting huh? yup... gonna do a little "standing still" myself here... I've seen this movie a thousand times... you know the one.. with Gort and the spaceship landing in Washington DC... it's a classic... as many times as I've watched it there is still one thing that baffles me... The "Spaceman" makes arrangements to show the world the power of his people by making "the world stand still" (hence the title - clever huh?) by shutting down all the power at noon, at which time, he willingly steps into an elevator, only to become stuck like the rest of the world... HA! I guess you can have the intelligence to build a world stopping technology but you still can't tell time!

Oh.. and speaking of movies.. maybe I'll make this a theme and follow it up with a repeat viewing of the movie "Signs"... (spoiler coming, so if you haven't seen it STOP reading right NOW!)... yup... stupid aliens movie day... so you can build a spaceship capable of traveling great distances so you can take over other planets... unfortunately, water acts like acid to you, so what do you do? "Hey, guys, lets head to that planet that is two-thirds water... yeah.. the blue ball over there... Rain Coats?? We don't need no stinking rain coats!" ayup...

Klatu Verata Nikto...

No comments: