Monday, October 03, 2005

OY...

Yeah... so it's been a busy week. The Red Sox... WOOHOO! A huge flash presentation that needed to be built for a client.. NOW! FIVE newsletters in one week for another client... Mr. 9 2 Bay's three-day-notice of a 2 week business trip to Holland! AND the first meeting of the Man-Childs girlfriend! Life's been a whirlwind and everyone is off to somewhere except for me. Dammit...

The Sox are off to Chicago for the playoff games, it would have been nice if they had taken the AL East, but hey, the wildcard has been the series winner for the past 3 years, so wildcard is nothing to sneeze at....

that Flash presentation is off to Vegas Baby for an educational conference, so my work will make it Vegas before I will, lovely, Vegas has been on the list of places to see for the past year and half.. Oh well.. we'll get there, eventually!

The 5 newsletters are off to New York, Vegas (again), and all across the US, all for music events that I won't get to see... bummer!

Mr. 9 2 Bay is off to Amsterdam and from what I hear they've planned them a weekend trip to Brussels... he's there with 3 of his guys and they have all agreed to make the mission (besides getting the job done that they were sent to do) getting as many stamps as possible in their passports... Hopefully I'll at least get pics via email over the next couple of weeks cause even tho I didn't get to go, my camera did, so hopefully they'll put it to good use and send back some lovely pics we can all look at and I can get pissed that I didn't get to see this stuff in person.

And the Man-Child's new lady friend... an original Oklahomian and now a Hartford resident, she's a lovely girl and seems to be a great match for my son... this is the first girl he's ever brought home, so she MUST be special... we didn't get to spend all that much time getting to know each other, but hopefully we'll get to see each other often. I'm still a little shell-shocked on this one, cause of course I still see the kid as, well, the "kid"... "What is my 12 year old doing with a GIRL?" kind of thing and then on second look.. geez.. he's NINETEEN... and on third look... I'm SO freakin' OLD!...

So that's the week I've had... all kinds of fun things abound.. for everyone but me... me, I'm just working away here, holding down the fort, and trying to comfort a stupid little angry dog that is fit to be tied with strange women in the house and no "Daddy" in sight..

OY!

No comments: