Sunday, February 06, 2005

Positively Balmy...

Finally, a break in the weather... I don't know about you but those weeks of cold were really getting to me... not a single day above 11 degrees... yesterday it managed to get to 53 lovely sunshiney degrees... aahhh... what a relief... it was almost like doing a 20 mile walkathon in a pair of brand new shoes - not a good idea and what a wonderful relief when you get to kick them off at the end of the day... ok... so I haven't done a 20 mile walkaton since I was 18 years old, but I still remember what it felt like... I have an amazing memory for pain... good stuff will be wiped from my brain within days, but the memory of pain lingers in my cerebral cortex like a kid at a candy counter... so many options... so much pain... hence the reason I have but one man-child... OH.. I remember child-birth... yeah.. won't go there again...

So anyway... back on track... these past couple of weeks have been cold... painfully cold... and even with this lovely break in the weather, I'm not likely to forget this years bout of frigid temperatures anytime soon... and even if I am tempted to wipe it from my memory, I have all those outragious gas bills to remind me... it's all been enough to make me consider calling a realtor and talk to them about trading this icebox for nice little bungalow somewhere a good deal closer to the equator... OH... ok... so it may not be that easy to get this born and bred Yankee to move that far away from her ancestral home... but I have been looking for a deal on Expedia for at least a weekends break from the horrors of the cold New England winter... I'm leaning toward Vegas, baby... but then again... maybe I should just pay the gas bill and call it a wash, cause frankly, I think a hot shower is the only 'winter warm-up' I'll be able to afford once I pay that gas bill...

Later...

No comments: