Saturday, February 26, 2005

Grand Openings weekend...

We took a ride out to the Hampshire Mall yesterday, it's "Grand Opening" weekend up and down the Mall strip... Dicks... Best Buy... Famous Footwear... Pier One... all are having their Grand Opening celebrations this weekend... boy I tell ya' the area has certainly undergone some major changes in the past year or so... the new Target.. Walmart... Barnes & Noble.. Linin N' Things.. Old Navy... Panera Bread... Mannys... Trader Joes... I guess all the marketing people finally realized that college students aren't the poor people they used to be - living off of instant noodles and the occasional pizza binge... nope... now it's the parents that are living off mac and cheese because we've sent all our money off to college with the kids...

Either way - it's kind of nice to see a revitalization of the old mall/flea market... and the added competition between the stores should be a benefit to us consumers... I'm not a huge fan of row after row of giant corporate box stores but I'm not opposed to benefiting from the price wars... so I may be a little shallow, but I'll look great in my new bargain-priced bathing suit as I float around in the kiddie pool sipping on the frozen margarita I bought with my savings!

Later...

No comments: