Wednesday, October 24, 2007

vice


vice
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

This is one that I did for a "Dictionary Group".. where you pick a word, shoot a photo to illustrate it and include the definition in the photo... So of course, I picked "Vice"...

Ok.. so this is a somewhat oldie... it's from back in September... but I needed a pic with a finger in it... Why, you ask? Well.. you know how I love to illustrate my posts with a pertinent picture to describe whatever it is I'm yappin' about at that particular moment and today I'm yappin' about fingers.

Yes.

Fingers.

As in those appendages that you find on the ends of your hands. You know the ones. The ones that people just LOVE to photograph. How do I know that people love to photograph their fingers? Because I develop at least one finger photo every day at work. I even had a streak going. I had developed a finger-shot every shift that I worked for over 3 weeks.

EVERY day!

Fingers...

Then... one day... it was really really slow during my shift and I only developed 3 rolls of film for the entire 4 hour shift. No fingers. I was SO disappointed. I shouldn't have worried though, like clockwork, the finger-shots were back again the next night, and have continued every single day since then. I've even considered making a game out of it. You know, for every finger shot I develop during the day's shift, I get to have the same number of fingers of Ketel One Vodka that night when I get home. Then I realized that that particular Sunday I had had an 8 finger day.

Yes.

EIGHT.

I quickly realized that my little game could only result in a couple of things:

1. Really bad hangovers as I try to develop more fingershots the next day.

2. A habit that could be really hard to stop.

3. Spending my entire paycheck on more bottles of Ketel One.

4. Death by finger poisoning.

So I've rejected the idea of my Finger-shot game. Too bad really. But I still keep track of things. Why just the other day, I beat my own record of eight with a banner "Nine Finger Day". I'll be sure to keep you posted, after all, as the Holidays approach I expect to see lots of "Kids (and is that Santa there behind Mommies Finger?)" shots. Time will tell... Eventually I'm sure I will have developed photo's of every finger in town.

Hey...

Maybe that's the coffee table book idea that I've been looking for...

"The Finger - Illustrated"

No comments: