Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Me, me and more me.


50mm and non-photographer
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

I've never had my picture taken this much. Ever. Not even when I start doing some of those "self portraits" that I know you all love so much, but that's what happens when you spend the day down in Sherborn with a group of 20 or so photographers.

Saturday was the 1st (annual hopefully) Meetup of the online group that I belong to known as "Utata". That's right... those insane photo's that I take for "Iron Photographer" and "Title This".. that group. It was a little scary. Meeting all those people for the first time, even tho with most of them I can tell you who their spouses are, how many children they have, what kind of cars they drive, where they live and in alot of cases, what they had for dinner last nite because they've photographed it and posted it to Flickr.

The intimidation factor was huge as well. These are some of the BEST photographers that, whether they realize it or not, have become mentors to me. I learn so much from looking at their stuff. So there was no way I could pass up the chance to meet these people in the flesh... So.. it was off to Natick/Sherborn and I'm SO glad we went. It was a total blast. It really was amazing how 20 very different people, that have never met before, can all just show up and instantly have a connection and gel so well together. It felt more like a group of 'old friends' getting together than a group of strangers. I just wish I had had more time to talk one on one with some of them, but I guess that's what follow-up visits are for. I'd love to take the day and meet Tracy Lee from New Hampshire and pick her brain. Patrick from Revere for his awesome portraiture and Jody from LA, I swear, carries around her own portable "early evening light" and uses it just OH so freakin' well.

Anyway... it was really wonderful and I'm sure you'll see some more photo's from the meetup. Or... if you can't wait for me to post some you can surf through these here. These are all the photo's from the Meetup from everyone that was there. We all put the same descriptive tag on the photo's "That cow is a bull"... Long story.. let's just say there were alot of "city folk" there... LOL

No comments: