Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pooka


Pooka
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

An experiment with my new film camera. Yup.. the old 1981 Minolta finally has started giving up the ghost.. all over my shots... it seems to have developed a light leak which leaves bleached out streaks across every 4th or 5th frame... I'll still try and salvage her and see if I can find where the problem is with the seal but in the meantime I've picked up a Canon Rebel K2... not necessarily what I would have chosen as a 35mm but the fact that all my Digital Lenses will fit on this body won the day. I am loving it.. the tiny electronic click of the digital can't compare with the lovely "click.. slap.. whirr" of the film camera... it's just so satisfying... this is a shot from the first roll of test film that I sent thru her... Not bad... not bad at all... I even shot the same scene on both the digital and the new film and the quality of the shot is amazing... I have a feeling that your gonna see alot more film shots from me...

No comments: