Friday, September 07, 2007

Gretchen to the Rescue!


Gretchen to the Rescue!
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

ok.. so my exposure was way off and I didn't intend for The Stupid Little Angry Dog™ to be in the shot.. but there you go.. sometimes you just have to roll with it! I was using the lawn chair as a tripod, plunked the camera down, kind of aimed at that tree in the background and hit the timer, ran like heck (cause of course on a 900 dollar camera body they only give you a lousy 10 second timer) and hurriedly laid down on the lawn. It was all too much for the dog, she took off running after me and then became concerned when I laid down. I was thrilled when I saw the shot, I don't think I could have framed it any better if I had actually tried but I messed up the ISO setting. I had been shooting in the dark woods so I had the ISO cranked up to 400 and then of course, when I moved back into the light, I forgot to reset it. damn... I might have to retry this...

No comments: