Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Creature....


The Creature....
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

OH.. the things you see when your out and about on a lovely day... I probably should have gotten the artist to stand beside his creation so you could see the actual scale (heh.. get it .. SCALE..) of this.. he's got to be at least 9 feet tall.. He was created by Wilbraham Massachusetts artist Peter G. Mayberry, Sr. of Mayberry's Metal Art... (hit me with an email if you want some contact info for him)... All I can say is.. now I know what I want for Christmas!

We actually lucked out and got to meet the artist and his wife, a very nice couple indeed. They very nicely invited us onto their property and showed us around his shop and the lovely gardens and rock waterfall that they have in the back yard which, of course, if full of more of his work. I'll post a couple more pics in a few. His art is absolutely wonderful and the colors that he manages to get out of sheets of metal is just amazing!

No comments: