Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Everyones goin' somewhere...

Except for me that is...

Mr. 9 2 Bay has been in Nebraska for the last couple of days and heads home today...

The Man-Jeff is off to Oklahoma (or is it Kansas?) at the end of the month for 2 weeks to visit his girlfriends Mother...

Even Purina, the freakin' hamster, took herself a stroll around my desk last nite.

I found her this morning trying to chew her way back INTO her cage, she's quite the escape artist that one.. oh ok.. when your the only one home and the top hatch of the cage gets left open I don't suppose there's too many other things to blame on her escape... Luckily I have her trained (yeah right).. she see's me and immediately climbs into the hamster ball that's attached to the cage, I can then remove the ball, with her in it, and place it in my lightbox... she climbs out, gets a treat, and gets her picture taken... then the ball goes back in the lightbox, she climbs on board, and the ball gets put back on the cage.. it works beautifully... she gets a treat and a change of scenery and I get my pictures without risking a couple of missing digits... So when I found her smooshed up against the backside of her cage this morning trying to get back in, all I had to do was take her hamster ball, offer her the open end of it, and she climbed back in... Lovely!

Now I just have to clean up the mess she left on my desk... OH.. and maybe get her some nicotine gum... seems Purina has developed a taste for cigarette butts... Which begs the question, "Why do we always get the retarded pets?" Or... better yet... "Do we get normal pets and they just eventually become retarded after hanging out with us for awhile?" *sigh

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! What are you doing to those poor animals, girl?? I was given an injured baby bird (ok, it was a pigeon...) and when I put her outside in the dogwood tree, I would return a few minutes later to find her back in her cage on the picnic table! Go figure!