Thursday, September 08, 2005

Mind wrapping...

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all that I'm seeing coming out of the aftermath of Katrina.

Forced evacuations versus victim's rights. Yes... save them.. save them all.. whether they think they need saving or not.. MAKE them get out... but wait.. what gives them the right to make people leave what little they have left.. their pets.. their homes... if they want to stay it's their right and government should NEVER interfer with it's citizen's rights... NEVER...

I don't know!

These people are insane for staying versus I don't blame them... disease.. rubble... no food or water and yet they want to stay, these people are freakin' NUTS! Would I want to leave my home under dire circumstances? It would have to be VERY dire to get me out...

I don't know!

Fire all the incompetant a**holes who left these people stranded versus let's not point fingers, lets just fix the problem... Someone needs to be held accountable for the lack of assistance... my god... people DIED while the powers that be stood by saying they weren't aware of the problems even tho ALL the news stations and newspapers had full color LIVE pictures of the suffering and death for days... HELL... let's press criminal charges against these people.. point them out... dig them out of their cushy cocoon offices and parade them thru the streets of filthy water in downtown New Orleans... don't tear down the Superdome make it their new home.. dammit!! But then.. that won't solve a thing... it won't get people food and water and medical care and housing... let just get this job done... figure out what went wrong and learn from it...

I don't know!

There was a mandatory evacuation and warnings days before the storm hit and these people didn't leave, it's their own faults that their starving and risking disease versus it's no ones fault and some people understandably couldn't get out... They were told it was going to be catastrophic... they were told to get out... and yet they stayed... as my Dad would say "You made your bed, now you lie in it." Stand up and take some responsibility for yourself... got feet and a thumb? Start walking and try and hitch a ride... Don't just stand there in a pile of your own filth and cry "Save me"... You've got the strength to go raid Walmart and the Piggly Wiggly and to rape that little 13 year old girl... and to take potshots at those that are there trying to help... use some of that energy to get yourself outta there! sheesh! And yet... when you've got 30 bucks in cash and 8 people your responsible for, HOW do you get out? You don't, until someone helps you get out, why didn't the government line up every bus, every taxi, every truck, every train and get those out that couldn't get themselves out? There is no excuse...

I don't know!

What I do know... it's probably a good thing that I'm not the one having to make these decisions... either as a government offical or as a victim... I can see both sides of the issues and understand the reasoning behind each... but as to what the right answer is... I have NO clue! So now they are talking about a committee to investigate what happened here and hopefully to draw up a plan to fix any shortcomings that are found... if these people ignore their parties lines and their own personal opinions it is going to be a horrendous job... one that I wouldn't want... it really does come down to peoples rights... and government rights (local versus federal)... Anytime that you have to remove some of the rights of people or the right of the local government to take care of their own people, YOU LOSE! But then again, when life-saving actions are not delivered and people die needlessly, then YES... Someone has failed and deserves to have their rights stripped from them... and... once again... "Third Base"...

I DON'T KNOW!

Later...

No comments: