Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Afraid to post...

sorry for the lack of postage this week, frankly, I've been a little afraid of posting... I've seen so much on the news lately that just makes me so angry I could spit and frankly I've been a little afraid of exposing all you dear readers to my spit-fests... That's not what this blog is about and I try really hard to keep it that way... I figure we all have our own reasons for being angry and there's just way too much anger already so I try not to open my mouth and mention something else that you can get angry about as well... Oh... but then we're all adults here, I think, and keeping quiet about stuff never did anyone any good... *sigh... hence, the dilemma that has kept me from the blogger window this week... that lovely old saying "If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all!" and yet..."Silence breeds contempt!"

Oh... ok.. so it's not all 'trying to spare you readers'... I have some definite opinions about things... and admittedly, alot of them are not very popular... and others can be VERY harshly misinterpreted... so it's a matter of instead of having to risk offending someone (cause we all know someone somewhere WILL be offended no matter WHAT the statement is cause you can't please all of the people, all of the time)... or at the very least having to spend countless hours arguing my side of the story and fighting the misinterpretations... it's just easier to say nothing...

hhhmmm... so do we "get along to go along"? Say nothing cause it's easier? Roll over and play dead so someone doesn't get so pissed at you that they could kill you? Do you really have to "Pick your fights and let the little things go?"... but then "it's the little things that'll kill ya!" A mentor of mine used to use the phrase "nibbled to death by ducks"... it's only a little chunk at a time and it only hurts a little, but you get enuf ducks taking chunks out of you and before you know it, your dead in the water...

I still haven't decided whether to air some of this crap on here or not... I guess for now I'll just go with "There's a time and a place for everything!" and assume that this is neither the time.. nor the place...

Later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Y'all..

...in Northampton MA, it is illegal to post flyers
of the kind
that you might use to promote an event. A free concert in the park perhaps?

I have started circulating a petition to revoke the language in the
Northampton City
charter that criminalizes the posting of flyers.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/709383236

And to also try and create a viable alternative that not only adresses
the needs of the community to whom flyering is an effective means of
communication, but also to serve as a means of creating more public
art, in the shape of Flyer Kiosks.

I would like you to sign my online version of this petition, so that I
can impress upon
the members of the City Council the importance of flyering to artist
from all over the region, and the roll it can play in an active arts
community, and a vibrant democracy.
The addy is here, if you so choose.
I would be very grateful.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/709383236

Gracias.
Malatron