Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's just so wrong... or... still bitchin'

OK.. so I seem to be on a real rant these days.. sorry.. can't help it.. so today's target...

The COPS...

Specifically... the cop that was behind me on my lovely trip up 9 2 Bay today... I'm pretty sure it was a Ware cruiser but not positive.. I am positive that the plate number was 7335... anyway... he followed me on 9 in Ware... thru the center of Belchertown.. and down Bay... now I'm not a speed demon.. I keep it within 7 miles of the speed limit, but this guy was on my bumper so he was making me a bit nervous... even this I could deal with... then... we hit that lovely cash-cow 20mph section of Bay...

Being a little annoyed at this point.. I deliberately slowed to EXACTLY 17 mph... of course I had to do under 20 so as not to give him a reason to stop me... so what happens next..

HE HIT THE BLUE LIGHTS...

That's right... flashing blue lights in my rear view mirror... so I headed for the curb... and what happens next you ask?

HE PASSED ME.. SHUT OFF HIS LIGHTS... AND SPED UP TO 40MPH!!!

What an ass! You know... if he had an emergency ok... if he wanted to chat with me.. ok... but he just didn't want to have to follow the speed limit like the rest of us... I followed him all the way to Atkin's, where I pulled in and he kept going, I'm sure he was off to court in Northampton... man.. that just burns my butt! If I had been speeding and the cop asked me why I was going so fast and I'd reply "I'm late" he would have said "You should have left earlier." AND HE'D BE RIGHT... So Officer DICK... next time leave earlier and follow the stupid speed limit like the rest of us... GEEZ! I had fantasies of tracking him down in the court house and making a citizen's arrest! ok.. so I'm sure that wouldn't have gone over too well but I was sorely tempted to at least call someone about it... it's just a good thing for him that my will to fight has been beaten to pulp by weasely car salesmen and Cingular Wireless sales reps... *sigh

Later...

No comments: