Sunday, August 28, 2005

Big Easy Lamentations...

I should have gone... I know that now but at the time the usual excuses of "it's too expensive".. "not enuf time" kept me from it.. and now it may be too late... New Orleans has been on my list of 'places I gotta see' for a VERY long time and now with Katrina baring down on the Big Easy, it may be a VERY long time (if all those predictions come true) before she's ready for visitors...

The really sad thing is I had an opportunity a couple months back to go.. A client actually offered to get me into the Gov't Mule Concert I wanted so badly to attend down at Jazzfest (as in back stage - run of the house - hang out in the greenroom with the guys - ALL ACCESS!)... combine it with the US Airways vouchers we've got and it would have just been a matter of finding lodging, and that's what kept me from it.. I go nowhere without reservations at a decent hotel/inn/motel, I just don't do well with "winging it"... so I didn't go... *sigh... Live and learn - DUMB ASS...

I'm holding my breath for all those 'down there' it sounds like they are in for a whole lotta horrors! May it be over quickly and may they all be safe!

Later....

No comments: