Saturday, August 06, 2005

A feast for the eyes...

Chicken Tomato stuff
and the stomach.. this has been my latest kick.. the ingredients do vary but the chicken, vidalia onion (pronounced "unG-yun" if your from central Mass)sliced really big and diced tomatos, with basil and garlic are the base... this version has zucchini and summer squash but after tasting I think I prefer mushrooms... and it's heart smart.. not a drop of added fat... I use water in the skillet to pre-cook the squashes and onion... then I take the kitchen scissors to a few chicken breasts (if you don't own kitchen scissors - buy them NOW - I wish I had gotten some years ago!) once the veggies are almost done, I throw in the chicken and cook till its done... then just toss in a giant can of diced tomatos with the basil and garlic (and a little salt and pepper)... simmer for a bit.. and enjoy... so very VERY yummy!

Later..

No comments: