Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fun with the Electric Company...

Ok... I admit it.. I forgot to pay my electric bill... HEY.. you work 71 hours a week and see if you remember everything that needs doing... So.. to avoid a cold dark house I had to make a payment THAT day or suffer the consequences of my faulty memory... I tried to call to make the payment.. nope.. they don't do that.. I tried logging onto the internet to do a payment... nope.. they don't do that either... my only choice... pay in person... and to add to the mess, there isn't even a payment office here in town, I had to choose between Palmer and Belchertown... SHEESH... So... after a run to Palmer, I not only kept the home fires burnin' bright but I fired off an email to that lovely National Grid... it was fun.... here it is:

Subject: the Dark Ages

Message: Your living in the Dark Ages...

When are you going to institute online payments? Your website for Massachusetts was also down for the last 2 days... You don't even accept payments over the phone by check or by credit/debit card.

Pretty funny... an Electric Company that is totally in the dark when it comes to technology that the rest of the world has been using for YEARS! Sheesh! Are you ever gonna see the light and catch up with the rest of the world? Or maybe you can't afford the electric rates for running a computer system EITHER!


HEH... I rather enjoyed that... However.. their reply was nowhere near as fun... just: The online payment, paperless billing, and credit card payment transactions are currently under review. We are waiting to hear on target dates for either, at which time, we will notify our customers of their availability.

Apparently they are not only living in the Dark Ages, but they also have no sense of humor whatsoever... "under review"... HA... like it isn't 'common practice' for doing business today! I bet they have a whole "Team" of Electric Heads doing a feasibility study... And I bet the cost of the 10 year study is included in our next bill...

Later...
ok.. ok... I can't find the time to pay the freakin' bill.. but I can find the time to email them and let them know their stupid... it's a matter of priorities people! :)

No comments: