Saturday, November 19, 2005

Self Fulfilling Irony...

So you want irony? Have I got irony for ya! Being home alone Friday nite, I decided to have myself a little comfort food type dinner... A couple of slices of nice French bread, slathered with butter, sprinkled with some garlic, and shoved into the oven for a nice toasting. Yum... what's so ironic about that you ask? Well, I decided the only thing better than toasty warm garlic bread would be a little spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping... and I COULDN'T GET THE JAR OPEN! That's right... after my own advice of getting together a Man Bag with an electric jar opener to replace that average man in your life, I was foiled by my own ineptitude at opening a jar of Classico... OK.. so I hand out the advice, that doesn't mean that I follow it.. Irony: you are an evil bastard.

So I sat down to my dinner of toasty warm, albeit dry - garlic bread and tried to soothe my wounded pride. Not an easy task. Although I was able to make myself feel a little better knowing that my manchild was sitting thru Harry Potter 4 in a local movie theatre surrounded by throngs of wiggly children. It really is amazing what a 19 year old Male will do for his date. Somehow knowing that he was suffering too made things a little better. Is that wrong?

Later...

No comments: