Saturday, November 19, 2005

It's gonna be Tryptophan - tastic!

Almost Thanksgiving! Woohoo... and yes... we're gonna have a houseful this Thanksgiving at 9 2 Bay! Lovely... The way I figure it.. the more the merrier, Thanksgiving meal cooking always seems to be the same amount of work and time whether your cooking for 4 or 14... so more family? Bring 'em on!

The build up to the holiday has begun.. I've begun pulling together the shopping list and menu... actually the menu is pretty much the same every year and luckily I get lots of help with this.. each sibling has a 'specialty' that they bring... Anita is squash.. Jeannette is bread... Mom is biscuits... and I'm the Meat Stuffing.. This year we will have a few new added items tho, I'm thinking a nice crisp Waldorf Salad to start things off, a lovely Strawberry Shortcake to finish things up, and a giant batch of Sea Breezes to wash everything down with! Yummy...

So basically I just have to figure out the turkey situation. Last time I did a full turkey in the oven and a turkey breast in my Ronco Showtime Rotissiere... That's right... ordered directly off an infomercial by my lovely in-laws and presented to us for Christmas one year. Well you know what? My guests cleaned up every morsel of meat off that Ronconized Turkey and several went back looking for more only to have to settle for the oven roasted. So I'm thinking I need to borrow one of my in-laws Ronco's so I can do the same this year, only Showtime both the birds! It should work, as long as the in-laws aren't planning on "setting and forgetting" their birds this year as well!

Anyway... so now that the menu is planned and the shopping list is made, it's time to start pulling out and cleaning the "good" china.... and the dusting.. and the vacuuming.. and the mopping... and setting up a second kitchen table... and wrangling up every stray chair in the place... and the list just goes on and on... How did I get into this again? Oh yeah... You volunteered, stupid! Yeah, it's gonna be Tryptophantastic.

Later...

No comments: