Thursday, May 26, 2005

Finales'

So it was finale nite on tv last nite for 2 of my favorite shows.. doh... which to watch? Well, I think I made the right choice, I opted for "Lost" with the occassional peak at "American Idol"... We'll take Idol first...

I managed to hit it just right, I flipped over to it just as "Seacrest Out" was announcing "and the winner IS... Carrie Underwood"... damn... I'm disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised... Carrie, aka Kelly-two, is just so Idol... a little blonde carbon copy.. a dime a dozen... the cute little girl next door with the decent singing voice... now Bo... he was something different... unfortunately too different for Idol... oh well.. not a problem, he'll go far and probably with a better deal than Carrie... the one thing I do know is not once did I say "I'd buy that" to one of Carrie's twangy songs, but several of Bo's got the "money nod"...

and now..."Lost"... a 2 hour adventure... and I mean adventure... very VERY rarely does a television show manage to surprise me... I'm convinced that my husband won't watch CSI with me not because he finds it too gross and dark but because within the first 15 minutes I can usually not only tell him "who did it" but "why"... Lost on the other hand even got a little 'jump and squeal' out of me when they blew up Arzt with the dynamite... I knew he was gonna be one of the "red shirts" - you know the sacraficial character like in the old Star Treks... the main crew would go into a situation with a couple of spare red-shirted characters who would subsequently get blown up, shot, tazered.. whatever... but I digress... I knew Arzt was wearing a red-shirt but yet they still managed to surprise me with the big boom... AWESOME! now that's good TV! So anyway... the finale ended with still more mysteries and no answers, but that's ok... that's the fun of it.. trying to figure out what's what and who's who... although one thing did fit with my theory of the show... what's that you say? Walt's kidnapping by the "others".... so... my theory...

The numbers - yes, I think there is a reason for the numbers and that particular combination... somewhat designed to give you what you want but then make you pay for it..

The island - the hatch and the tunnels and the holes that seems to explode - some kind of underground tunnel system left over from the war or nuclear testing... which would explain...

The others - and the french woman... driven slowly insane from the leftover radiation from the nuclear testing... and now Walt...

Walt - I'm thinking he's the 'key' here.. the kid exhibited some esp or mind control type voodoo stuff... he's doing a report on a particular bird - gets upset - and lo and behold the bird crashes into the window... then he's upset after reading a polar bear comic and then gets chased by none other than a polar bear... and this is exactly why "the others" take him... they either

a. are sick of the island playing tricks on them (which it isn't - see the 'insane' part) so they think if they control the boy they can control the bad things on the island

or

b. they are really insane and want to do more evil things and they think the kid can help them reach new heights of evilness...

OH.. and back to the numbers... 4 8 15 16 23 42.. I'd be willing to bet the "others" will be a group of SIX men... who were part of some government experiment on the effects of radiation (and possibly mind control)... experiments where names were replaced by numbers... and these are men numbers 4... 8... 15... you get the idea...

hhmm... sound plausible?? you know... after having typed this all out... I'm kind of Lost now myself... any other theories out there?

Later...

No comments: