Tuesday, August 12, 2008

L E A P


L E A P
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

Yes, it's more deer. There is something to be said for shooting the same thing over and over though, you certainly get to know your subject matter. While I'm sure I've still got tons to learn, like, where are all the bucks that are the daddies to these adorable little babies, I have managed to learn enough about the females and the fawns to be able to anticipate where they are headed and how they are going to get there.

Today I spotted this family of 4 adult females and 2 fawns standing at the edge of the woods on the right hand side of the road and I just knew they were going to head down the hill, across the road, leap the guardrail, and take off into the field below. So instead of heading down the side of the road that they were on, I crossed the road, hunkered down by the guardrail, and waited.

The deer didn't disappoint.

No comments: