Thursday, May 03, 2007

Don't tell anyone...

Well I got my 172 pounds of glass picture frames yesterday. After a day and a half of "OH MY GAWD - WHAT WAS I THINKING" I finally got down to business today and started filling them. I started out slowly, with the 5x7's, printing just one, sometimes two or three, of my best sellers, framing only one of the prints. I figure I'll take the raw materials with me and if one sells I can replace it rather quickly. It will make it easier I think. That way I can just take a handful of blank frames out of my truck at a time rather than hucking all that weight to my 2 parking spaces, and replacing each as/IF they sell.

Gaining confidence, I moved onto my 8.5x11's. Again, doing just one or two of my proven sellers. Framing one, storing the others.

Then it was on to the mega frames - 13x19... I chose 2 of my prints to go that big with (and actually there are 4 or 5 more that will also be done up as well), and printed one of each.

Then I took a break.

I sat out on the porch with the Stupid Little Angry Dog™ and enjoyed the sunshine.

I had a cup of coffee.

Then I headed back in to grab a second cup.

I didn't make it back to the coffee maker.

For there, on the kitchen table, was the most wonderful sight I've seen in a very long time.

My work.

All framed.

And BEAUTIFUL.

I got tears in my eyes.

And I'm proud of ME.

Just don't tell anyone.

OK?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You SHOULD be proud of you!!! Your work is amazing....and why can't I tell?!