Monday, May 21, 2007

Blue Basket...


Blue Basket...
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura.
A lovely handmade basket and a new project for me... One of the ladies that I work with (Super Stalker Sue - ok.. so it's actually Strategic Stocker Sue) makes these lovely baskets and we've decided to collaborate... she weaves.. and I photograph the outcome... It will make some lovely "country style" pics for me and she'll get some nice photo's out of the deal... we haven't quite worked out all the details as yet... but here's one I took at the craft fair on Saturday.. Which by the way... pretty much blew.. it went back and forth between light drizzle and heavy drizzle... but drizzle it did.. ALL DAY LONG... the Walmart where it was held was uber busy... but they set us up in the farthest parking lot and we sadly watched as people pulled in, ran quickly into the store... came back out... quickly ran to their vehicles and drove outta there... not wanting to deal with the cold wet rain... I don't blame them a bit... but it was awful for us...

I'm just SO glad I took a double booth... *sigh** I was hoping to set the tent up in one space and then do an outdoor display in the other, but ended up having to strategically arrange everything under the tent... OH well.. at least it was for a good cause (the Children's Miracle Network) and I did make my booth money back plus enough to have covered my gas and tolls to get out there...

OH.. and the best comment of the day was from the lady that bought one of my "Hello from the Girls" bra cards... She was very complimentary and as she walked away she again said "Your stuff is REALLY good - and I work for a photo studio."... and bam... she was gone... doh... I'd love to know which studio but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask her...

Anyway.. MANY thanks to those of you who stopped by...

No comments: