Monday, October 30, 2006

It's raining...


It's raining...
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura.

and it's fall... a season of change.. or is that a change of season... Usually I love this time of year but for some reason I'm having a hard time with it this year. I've been kind of a depressed slug for the past week although I am feeling a bit better today. I think it's all the changes going on, not only in the scenery around me, but in my work life as well... Due to a new administrative interface that was built for my largest client, they are now able to make updates and changes to their website themselves... themselves... as in.. "instead of me"... so my work load has been cut considerably... so considerably that I no longer need to be available 40 hours per week for them. So... basically... I'm looking for a job...

It is a real cross roads for me... There is my own company which has just been plugging along in the background, ignored... well.. not ignored but I was too busy working with the main client to tend to developing new business... so I kind of cut it's throat... throw in the competition and the rock-bottom pricing from sites like GoDaddy and I don't think it's feasible to try and tend it back to life (part of the reason I didn't tend to it these past 2 years)... so... I've decided to simply tend the existing customers and not seek to replace the lost work... Imagine that... no more insane hours of work while being nibbled to death by ducks... (I love that expression... one of my old mentors used to use it all the time, it refers to the problem of alot of little clients asking for "a little something for free"... each little nibble in and of itself won't kill ya, but when you've got 30 or so ducks nibbling away it's an incredibly painful way to go)...

So anyway... that's that... it is indeed a time of change for me... and not all bad... I'm rather looking forward to doing a nice sane little 40 hours somewhere and going home without taking the job with me... the only problem is finding that nice little 40 hour a week job... OY...

Later...

No comments: