Thursday, March 31, 2005

Miss me?

So... I'm finally catching up a bit after my lovely 11 nite cruise of the Southern Caribbean! Sorry for the extended delay, but you know how it goes... take 2 weeks off and return to 4 weeks worth of work! OH... but it was so worth it! I'll give you a little taste of the caribbean blue water, white sand, and blazing sunshine that we encountered in our travels over the next week or so... We're just now getting an opportunity to go thru the 500 or so photo's we took on our trip and I'll put some of the better ones up on here...

Here was our first stop... Lovely St. Maarten!



I can't speak for the town, but we took a wonderful catamaran ride during which we spotted a Mother hump back whale and her calf! Awesome... and once in a lifetime... the 2 floated on the surface of the clear blue for 10 minutes while we circled around and got a really good closeup look... we then beached at Tintamare Island - a nature preserve - for some snorkling - sun bathing - and swimming... it's a lovely unspoiled island with high mineral content sand that is used in spa treatments... OH.. and did I mention "clothing optional"... yup... only one question remains after this lovely outing... Why is it that the people that should never appear naked in public are the only ones that actually do? YIKES!!

Later....

No comments: